Thursday, September 24, 2015

How to do simple Leg Wraps ( for Yokai, the bad guy from Big Hero 6).

How to make Leg Wraps.
I am working on a character from Big Hero 6.  The bad guy,  Yokai. I am sure I could just wrap my legs the day of the event.  But events are always so busy .  So I found a way to make them.

I covered my leg with plastic bags,  and then masking tape.  I cut it of and,  bam,  a nice pattern.

I cut the pattern out of some fabric,  I glued separating zippers on to each side.  


I then started gluing strips of the same fabric onto the main fabric.


I didn't take as many pics as I could have.  The brown ones are my first test ones.  Once I had the pattern figured out I remade them in grey fabric. 



Here is what they look like.



And here is them after 20 minutes on the treadmill. 

They work really well,  I just zip them on,  and zip them off.  I wore them to small convention for a couple hours and had no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment